Darin Andersen and Merrin Muxlow from Seamless Podcast welcome special guest Sean Ernst, in this podcast episode “Smart Cities: Digital Nomad.”
“The missing link for us was a platform that allowed us to develop…but not be full-blown developers 100% of the time. So throughout the many trials and tribulations of looking for the right platform, we ended up partnering with a local San Diego company that had done just that.”
In this Smart Cities episode, Sean Ernst talks about the changed workplace environment from an IT and technology-use perspective, including work life during Covid-19, digital transformation and the digital workplace, the rise of the digital nomad, and the future of technology for human communication. He also discusses the new innovation platform being created by Dreamtsoft and centrexIT that is poised to transform the MSP world.
Listen here or on your favorite platform below. Quick transcript reference:
- 00:02:43 Darin introduces Sean Ernst
- 00:04:48 High-level market trends and application sprawl
- 00:07:10 Efficient online collaboration improves efficiency & reduces working day
- 00:09:29 Dogs barking & other new distractions when working from home
- 00:12:14 How the shared experience of the WFH “new normal” has helped grow understanding & compassion for the WFH situation
- 00:14:52 Managed IT platform development with Dreamtsoft & centrexIT
- 00:18:40 How the new platform with help shape the IT industry
- 00:21:52 The importance of having top-notch HR practices to support remote work and how accessing great talent is one of the benefits of a remote business structure
- 00:25:37 Darin discusses how technology has shaped communication over the years
- 00:28:42 How collaboration platforms have spearheaded new forms of language and communication
- 00:35:48 What will future technology do to communication?
- 00:29:42 Closing thoughts and contact info